This is Manhattan’s First Presbyterian’s Church, located in the West Village, built in 1844. It’s also known as Old First. Architect Joseph C. Wells was inspired by the Church of St. Savior in Bath, England when he designed this church.
In 1846, one of the richest New Yorkers, James Lenox, encouraged a wall street based congregation to migrate uptown to this west village location. In 1918, the congregation merged with two other local congregations - making the community even bigger.
178 years later, it is still an active church with a dedicated group of weekly parishioners.